Land Securities welcomes 2013 new grant partners
15 November 2013
On November 5th we welcomed guests from five charity partners to our Head office who have all been awarded a grant through our Land Securities’ London Fund.
The fund is managed on our behalf by the London Community Foundation and concentrates on two priority themes:
• Projects addressing education and employability
• Projects supporting the homeless
A grants panel met in September to select five exciting projects with the total amount awarded of £37,377. And, our support doesn’t stop there! Over the next 12 months teams at Land Securities will be working in partnership with each project to provide further support including professional advice, team volunteer events, trips to development sites, work experience placements and client referrals to jobs through the Land Securities’ Employment Strategy.
The projects supported are:
• Doorstep Homeless Families Project – supporting an employment club for adults living in temporary accommodation in Camden.
• PHASES – running a construction skills project for homeless people in Southwark.
• Otesha UK – delivering a Roots of Success environmental literacy programme for young people in Hackney.
• Switchback – supporting 4 young adults in their transition from an offending institution to sustainable employment.
• Streets of Growth – delivering the VisionXcite Programme supporting high risk, long term unemployed young people in Tower Hamlets.