A Unique and Growing Partnership
22 January 2014
On January 16th, the London Corporate Responsibility Team held a Partnership Event for the Land Securities’ Employment Strategy. The event was hosted by City of Westminster College and well attended with 80 participants from a unique partnership of private, public and third sector stakeholder organisations. A warm welcome was provided by college Principal, Keith Cowell, and his team.
Referral partner organisations working with disadvantaged groups including homeless people, offenders and young people came along to find out how the programme works. A common question was how partners can help their clients to benefit from the opportunity of free construction related training and the growing number of jobs being created on Land Securities’ London developments.
Debbie Akehurst, Head of Corporate Responsibility, London Portfolio, spoke about the pipeline of Land Securities’ developments in Westminster and the City of London as well as the growing need for new skills in the construction industry. Other key note speakers included Westminster City Council, MACE, Tower Hamlets College and Jobcentreplus.
To find out more about the Land Securities’ Employment Strategy, click here|.
Pictured above from left to right:
• Keith Cowell, Principal, City of Westminster College
• Tom Harding, Senior Policy Advisor, Westminster City Council
• Debbie Akehurst, Head of Corporate Responsibility, Land Securities
• Tower Hamlets College, Martin Reed, Director of Tower Skills, Tower Hamlets College
• Derek Harvey, Group Partnerships Manager, Jobcentreplus