Our commitment to the sustainability agenda recognises that every asset we own has an impact on the environment. This presents us with two distinct challenges.
The first is to make our new buildings as sustainable as possible. Here the focus is on technology and design, where our engineering expertise has already produced successes like the innovative borehole technology at One New Change. The second challenge is to operate, maintain and improve our existing portfolio in a sustainable way.
There are five key elements to creating a sustainable real estate business:
- A common Measurement used by all, and against which all are judged
- Consistency in measurement, policy, regulation and economics
- Education and Behaviour - everyone has to understand their part, and commit to it
- Working in Partnership with customers and service providers
- Driving long-term improvement through Technology and Innovation